Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trip to Denver and Photos with Liv

I recently returned to Denver to prepare and open my art gallery at Red Rocks Community College. I arrived just under a week before the exhibit was to open and spent a lot of my time buying and cutting mats. The opening day went off well, finishing everything just in time. Not that many people showed up but did get to see a lot of my friends. I think they all enjoyed themselves. I just would have been nice if some people showed up that had heard about the show but didn't know me. The photos will be up for two more weeks so I'm hoping they will a lot of traffic. I received an email being informed that there would be an article in a local paper about my exhibit. Part of my plan for my trip was to meet up with a Denver model and try to add something different to my porfolio. I had gotten a hold of a few before I left; one about b&w and something different and interesting with the other. Long story short they both canceled along with about four other models that I had contacted. Liv then told me that she was interested in doing photos together and we set up a shoot. I went out and bought balloons only to walk out and find it raining. I thought that if I didn't call her than she would have to cancel and if she called too late I would have already been there and therefor too late to cancel. I had driven for a short while when I received the text asking if we should cancel. I lied about how bad the weather was were I was and hoped for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment